Monday, March 26, 2007

Josef Muller-Brockmann


In order to do my design, I sketched out a close up of one of his designs and then went over it in charcoal in an attempt to show the play of light and shadow in the second. I then scanned this image into the computer. I cleaned up the lines using a vector mask, and then cut the drawing into its individual parts. I overlayed a green color in order to add some color to the image, and used the green as a shadow for the black. I then took the entire image into Illustrator and added text. I put some of the text on an angle in an attempt to show another of his designs. I like how the text was overlayed in one of his images, but my image is too dark to use this portion of his design. I then added the black rectangles used in alot of his designs over top of my finished design.

No comments: